IMAGINATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Imagination members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doomstriker
Admin

Gold : 6952

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:16 am

I guess I'll be moderating this forum, so let me know if you find something broken. And then I'll get Shiyo to fix it or die trying =D

Just kidding I can't do that. Not this time anyway.

CHANGES:

* Fixed the bug where signatures didn't show. Which also leads me to the next change;
* Fixed so the report button isn't invisible. Also the lock topic button, but that only applies to moderators and admins.
* Redone the forum layout, cos Link made the last one and I didn't know what parts he changed. So instead I restarted from scratch and edited a template.
* Added gold system.
* Added reputation system.
* Added thanks button.
* Added warning system.

FUTURE PLANS:

Gold system:
Right now it's just in the experimental stages, so I set the gold given for activity to low amounts. Just to make sure everything implemented so far works before moving to add new stuff. Aren't you guys glad I'm not from Nexon?

Anyway the general idea is that you get forum gold for posting and replying. Just by being active on forums really. Later on I'll implement a shop for you guys to spend it on, or cash it in for Mabi gold. That's the gist of it anyway.

Reputation system:
This is just a little something to keep track of who's helpful on the forums. That's all I'll be telling you anyway =D

Now a lil explanation about the rep system. Every post has a +rep and a -rep button, located to the right. Slightly out of the table borders so it doesn't overlap with your text. It's pretty much a like/dislike button for any post you see, so feel free to use it as you see fit.

The "Thanks" button is pretty much the same thing, except it can only be used by a thread starter. This is mainly for people to show appreciation when someone has answered their thread and solved their problem. It adds 3 rep to whoever you thanked.

Warning system:
Pretty much self explanatory. Shows how close a person is from being banned. You lose 1/4 of the bar after each warning, and get banned after it hits 0.

Moderator-only forum:
I plan on making a section where only moderators and above can see. Currently the only purpose of it is to leave/discuss things with other moderators, and more importantly, I plan on making a forum where moderators make a new thread for every member banned. This is due to 2 reasons:

1) It helps us keep track of who to welcome back and who to stay away from. For example if you were kicked for inactivity but recently returned to Mabi, you'll be able to rejoin without a problem. However, if someone caused a ton of unwanted drama within the guild or scammed people, you won't be coming back =D
2) IF we end up making alliance(s), I will (possibly) allow a member from there to view that list, and our reasons for banning them. We all want to avoid bad members that tarnish our guild name right? An example of this was when a troublemaker who ragequit Vince's guild joined our. Nerz and me kept an eye on that person, and so we were prepared when they threw their tantrum.

As a little bonus, since every member banned will have a reason posted, those who are in power can't kick people on a whim. Not saying that anyone appointed would do something like that, but this system would prevent stuff like that from happening. Furthermore, this list isn't released to the public/guildies because some situations are more "delicate" and the parties involved could prefer to keep matters silent.
Back to top Go down
Nerzhul

Nerzhul

Gold : 5800

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:37 am

About that gold system... (Holy shit free items for posting? AKAKKAKAKAKKA)
What about spammers?
Back to top Go down
Doomstriker
Admin

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:47 am

Lawl yes.

I'll be increasing the gold you get from forum activity later, and around the same time I'll put the shop in place.

I realized that sometimes people have trouble getting/buying what they want, but they're nice and helpful. So this system aims to reward those people.

Example 1: Some people aren't good with merchanting, but they want a certain prize from it. Soon they'll be able to buy it with forum gold, since I can... Survive? Through commerce. Both the bandits and the boredom. But the prices for those are probably gonna be high cos I hate boredom and bandits D=<

Example 2: Laggy people, for example, former member Elide (who now disappeared from Mabi). I've never seen someone so laggy before; running into buildings and trees during SMs, and walls during dungeons. Gathering herbs from a piggy at half MY speed. And I'm a slow Aussie with huge distance lag! Needless to say, Eli can help people in other ways, such as making pots and other life skills. But she has trouble getting items from dungeons or SMs, and that's where this system comes in.

Nerzhul wrote:
What about spammers?

Once I increase the gold given for forum activity, I'll be watching out for spammers.

I plan to make a section for casual chatting that doesn't increase gold count at all. People are free to chat and socialize there, so there would be no excuse for spamming.
Back to top Go down
Dayeti2

Dayeti2

Gold : 3590

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:08 am

Doomstriker wrote:
former member Elide (who now disappeared from Mabi).
Yes Elide disappeared and has been playing DFO instead.
I like the idea of the gold system(probably because I'm poor). Should be interesting and a good incentive for guildies to be more active.
Back to top Go down
Shiyorie

Shiyorie

Gold : 5121

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Quote :
* Fixed so the report button isn't invisible. Also the lock topic button, but that only applies to moderators and admins.
Report works for me, lock button does not show. For the record, I don't see the little Admin thingie underneath my name. Might be because of that?

Quote :
Warning system:
Pretty much self explanatory. Shows how close a person is from being banned. You lose 1/4 of the bar after each warning, and get banned after it hits 0.
Is this a forum-only system or are we going to change our overall guild warning system? As it stands, the guild one is currently 2 warnings and you're out. 4 offenses to me, seems a bit lenient .. for the guild anyway.

Quote :
I plan on making a section where only moderators and above can see. Currently the only purpose of it is to leave/discuss things with other moderators, and more importantly, I plan on making a forum where moderators make a new thread for every member banned.
This to me, is a love hate thing. In our lovely debate from not-so-long ago, was our intent not to keep anything "hidden" from everyone? If someone is banned for any reason whatsoever, I don't think this needs to be hidden from the guild.
& Your purposes for the forum was also partly my intent with that "Database" thing I sent you. Oh well. We can talk about this when you're back on. xD
Back to top Go down
Doomstriker
Admin

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Shiyorie wrote:
Report works for me, lock button does not show. For the record, I don't see the little Admin thingie underneath my name. Might be because of that?

Report button didn't show in the old layout. That's why I changed it.

Lock, along with other mod tools, can be found in the bottom left of the page (past all the posts).

Shiyorie wrote:
Is this a forum-only system or are we going to change our overall guild warning system? As it stands, the guild one is currently 2 warnings and you're out. 4 offenses to me, seems a bit lenient .. for the guild anyway.

Forum only xD

Partly cos half the guild doesn't use forums, and partly cos once I get the shop running I'll have to give warnings for spam. And that could eat up the warning bar easily.

Shiyorie wrote:
This to me, is a love hate thing. In our lovely debate from not-so-long ago, was our intent not to keep anything "hidden" from everyone? If someone is banned for any reason whatsoever, I don't think this needs to be hidden from the guild.
& Your purposes for the forum was also partly my intent with that "Database" thing I sent you. Oh well. We can talk about this when you're back on. xD

Oh nah I meant like the Loki incident or the Jullian one. But if the one that reported the incident doesn't mind us posting about it, then sure I can change it to public.
Back to top Go down
Nupjook

Nupjook

Gold : 140

Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes   Forum Changes EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Poor Elide
I liked her potions. Such a shame
Back to top Go down
Doomstriker
Admin